Furst-McNess Company has an immediate opening for a National Swine Account Manager. This individual will be responsible for the profit and loss of the National Swine Account Division which primarily consists of top US swine integrators, by implementation of the Company’s Swine Products and Programs into national accounts (Integrators). This individual is responsible for the Swine National Account program; including sales growth, key account management, and technical sales support. Is responsible for identifying opportunities, and when appropriate, work with leadership in other Operating Areas to build broader programs that result in increased sales in the marketplace. This individual is a key leadership team member, engaging in strategic planning to drive sales of programs and products across the Company.
• Aggressively lead marketing and field sales development of McNess Swine product line to national swine integrators and national accounts.
• Meet strategic and profit objectives for the Swine National Account program.
• Maintain strong working relationships with suppliers, customers, and manufacturing facilities.
• Present budgets and periodic projections that support the Company Strategic Plan.
• Work with appropriate staff to expand selling and technical capabilities.
• Promote solutions which help maintain contact with customers and prospects in relation to their existing and potential volume for business.
• Understand and report on competitive activity and work closely with Company management developing strategies, sales programs, and execution of same in response.
• Actively participate in determining the needs of the Swine National Account program in the marketplace, and work in conjunction with the Research and Development Group to find ways to meet the identified needs.
• Recommend Product promotions and work closely with the Marketing Department to decide how the Program is to be positioned; help develop the tools necessary to successfully implement said promotions.
• Communicate business development opportunities to Company management and participate in development of same as may be required.
• Work with sales staff, and independently, to develop new accounts through effective sales techniques.
• Work closely with sales staff and office support staff regarding areas of credit and collection.
• Adhere to Company policy and procedures on accounts receivable by maintaining acceptable Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) levels for your area of responsibility.
• Resolve customer concerns and questions in a timely manner independently, or through the utilization of other resources within the Company as the case may require.
• Lead and participate in Company meetings and constructively interact with the entire team, keeping technical staff current on product development opportunities.
• Demonstrate actions and attitudes outlined in Company culture to all staff, customers, suppliers, partners and official bodies.
• Help identify and work with larger producers, feed manufactures, nutritionists, etc., to drive business growth.
• Participate in industry associations and tradeshows that are applicable to your business.
• Submit required cycle reports, expense accounts, etc., as dictated by Company guidelines.
• Perform other work-related duties as requested or required.
• Be able to succeed within the culture of the Furst-McNess Company.
• Ability to perform essential job functions with or without accommodation.
• Education equivalent to a Bachelor’s, Master’s degree or higher in Agribusiness, Animal Science, Microbiology or related degree, or the equivalent in related work experience along with 7 or more years of sales and marketing experience with 5 of those years in a leadership role.
• Ability to read, write and speak English.
• Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office products including a high level of working expertise in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Lotus Notes software.
• Proven track record of developing, implementing and executing a strategic vision.
• Must be a dynamic individual who is entrepreneurial, resourceful, and achievement-oriented with experience in the feed industry.
• Proven track record of five years or more of consistent profitability and leadership of a company or a significant part of a company.
• Ability to work as an effective team member and help further develop the “group or team concept”.
• Exceptional leadership and communication skills, both oral and written, and is capable of utilizing these skills within all levels of the Company as well as externally.
• Ability to provide outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers, showing a sense of urgency relative to solving problems, performing assigned tasks, employee concerns, etc.
• Ability to effectively organize work schedules and manage multiple assignments.
• Ability to work as an effective team member within the swine group and company.
• Ability to be flexible and be willing to change along with recommending changes that can enhance our ability to serve both internal external customers more effectively and in a professional manner. Respect other peoples’ points of view and able to take constructive criticism.
• Ability to travel, either by car or by commercial plane, including overnight stays, as business dictates. Must, always, possess a valid driver’s license and maintain a good driving record within guidelines set forth in company vehicle policy), as well as a valid passport.
• Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
• Comprehensive health, dental and vision plan.
• Paid vacation/floating holidays/company holidays.
• Competitive 401(k) program.
Please submit your resume to our Human Resources Department via email at email@example.com